UPDATE: The permanent and special exhibits at the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum are open to the public. Our Research Room will open starting December 13, 2021 on a limited basis and by appointment only. We will continue to respond to written requests for records at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check the Library and Museum's website for updates on our operating hours and status.
We encourage researchers to contact the Library before making a research visit. See the Plan a Research Visit page for further information.
FOIAs with an asterisk indicate that some or all of the material has been digitized and is viewable online. Links to FOIAs without digitized material will open the Finding Aid. To search within digitized records, please visit the National Archives Catalog.
Please note that there are more records available for viewing in person in the research room than are available online. To learn more about all open Presidential records currently available for research, please view the Finding Aids. Material that has been processed but has not been digitized can be requested via a reproduction order for a fee. Contact the archives staff for more information.
Electronic records, or assets, were born-digital and therefore not digitized by the George W. Bush Presidential Library staff. If a FOIA contains assets in addition to pages, unless otherwise stated, the assets are not currently available online. Electronic records can be viewed in the research room or by contacting the archives.
The FOIA request numbers are for administrative purposes only and are not consecutive.
- 2020-0009-F: Photographs of Nicolas Cage
- 2020-0028-F: Photographs of President George W. Bush and Johnny Cash
- 2020-0058-F: Emails To/From Michelle Steelfrom 2001 to 2003
- 2020-0074-F: White House Visitor Logs for Dan Gertler
- 2020-0077-F: Electronic Records Mentioning Michelle Steelfrom 2001 to 2003
- 2020-0078-F: Textual Records on Michelle Park Steel
- 2020-0158-F: Photographs of the Event Announcing the Creation of the Department of Homeland Security on July 26, 2002