The George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum are open to the public. The Research Room is open by appointment only, which must be scheduled by 3:00pm if wishing to visit the next business day. Schedule a virtual orientation prior to booking travel. We respond to written requests for records at email@example.com. Please check our website or archives.gov/coronavirus for updates on operating hours and status.
Free admission tickets are available to school groups if the field trip has been scheduled through Visitor Services at least 1 month in advance.
The Museum offers free admission tickets to school groups if the field trip has been scheduled through Visitor Services at least one month in advance. Field trips are available Monday - Thursday during the academic school year.
School field trips are defined as requests from teachers who teach students in grades K-12 attending recognized schools (public, private, charter, home school, etc.) during the academic school year.
Schedule a Field Trip
- Fill out this online Field Trip Request Form.
- Submit request at least one month in advance prior to the desired date.
- Visitor Services will contact you to confirm, provide more information, and answer questions.
- An inquiry into date availability does not secure a reservation. A separate confirmation letter will be sent when the reservation is completed.
- Non-school groups should visit the Group Visits page to schedule.
- To reschedule/cancel a field trip, notify Visitor Services immediately.
- While the Museum tries to accommodate schedule changes, we cannot guarantee the availability of admission tickets if school groups are not able to visit at the originally scheduled day and time.
- The Museum cannot guarantee entry to school groups arriving 30 or more minutes late for the originally scheduled time. After 30 minutes, the Museum reserves the right to release the tickets to other visitors.
The following basic rules apply to make everyone's experience safe and enjoyable:
- Visitors under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or other responsible adult at all times.
- Teachers and chaperones are expected to maintain control and discipline of their students. Groups who do not follow the rules may be asked to leave.
- Teachers and chaperones must remain with younger visitors when in the exhibit galleries, the classroom, Cafe43, the courtyard, gift shop, as well as when on the Bush Center grounds.
- Food and beverages are prohibited in the Museum. This includes candy, gum, and water bottles.
- Use caution and care, do not lean on exhibit displays or use them in a manner not intended.
- Students should use indoor voices and refrain from running.
- Flash photography is prohibited in most areas of the Museum. Ask a Docent if there are photography restrictions in a particular location.
- Please review information about admission tickets, security screening, location, directions, parking, dining, the gift shop, accessibility, group visits, and how to contact us before your visit.
Contact Visitor Services for more information or to make adjustments to already scheduled field trips:Visitor Services George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum
2943 SMU Blvd, Dallas, TX 75205
Phone: 214-346-1650 Fax: 214-346-1699
Field Trip & Visitor Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bus Transportation Fund
Funds to reimburse bus transportation costs are available on a first-come, first- served basis to any Title I school located in Texas from the George W. Bush Foundation. To apply, complete the corresponding section on the Field Trip Request Form.
To make your experience safe and enjoyable, be prepared for the Security Check. The Bush Presidential Library is a U.S. Federal agency; weapons are not allowed. Upon entry, all visitors must pass through a security check with a metal detector. All weapons, including guns, knife blades exceeding 2.5" in length, multipurpose tools, and stun-guns, will be confiscated and not returned. All bags are X-rayed, and possibly, searched. Bags larger than 19" tall x 10" wide x 9" deep must be stored in the coat room. Ask a Docent (volunteer guide) for assistance.